Saturday, June 29, 2013

Email: November, 16, 2012


Dear Family,

This week was kind of a slower one, we didn't have too many lessons.  We did a lot of finding and were able to find a few potentials that we will see this week.  Our new plan to work even harder is that every time we have a down minute or like 15 minutes before a lesson or something we are going to knock doors.  It seems that even if we don't find people that way they just seem to come out of no where when we put in every second we can.  

We did set 2 more baptism dates with Trona's two kids Shad and Trona jr.  They are both really excited about it and they know a bunch of kids in the ward when we were telling them about it.  We had a lesson with them yesterday and it went super well, they both just soaked it up!   We got to know Trona a little bit better and he used to be a pretty good MMA fighter here in town.  He has a bunch of his posters up and two of the belts that he won when fighting.  He said that he got out of it because of kids who came in and thought it was only about beating the heck out of anyone you meet.  He was a boxer and is going back to that now.  He's a big dude!  I am so excited to see how the gospel with impact their lives!  Ike and Delores are the other couple that we have with a date right now and their doing alright.  Delores is so ready and is stoked to get dunked but Ike is just following along and not doing much at all but he keeps saying that he wants to get baptized too.  The work seems to be taking off, we are just making sure that we are staying humble and working hard and being obedient.  I have found that if I give myself an inch that I will take a mile and I want to be in complete control of myself!  And I have lost 7 pounds the last few week!  I am pretty excited for that. 

We have a guy in the ward who is a little less active that we have got to work out with us in the mornings and it is going great!  We get up and go at 530 and get back around 7.  We have been running stairs and the track over at the high school which is not too far from our house.  I feel pretty good and I have more energy than I ever have.  Anyway, not much more to report on this week, hope everyone's good!  I love you all very much!! 



Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment