Saturday, June 29, 2013

Email: April 29, 2013

Dear Family,
 
We had an incredible week this week full of miracles and awesome lessons.  We have been striving to have 30 lessons a week the past few weeks and we are slowly but surely getting there.  This week we had 24 which is a new record for us.  The work in the Singles branch has kind of died so our focus this week is going to be on getting them all excited about missionary work and inviting their friends to church and activities during the week.  That is the only way that we have seen success there so far.   We try and find apartments to tract that might be singles but it is hard because we never know if we will get singles.  We have a girl in the branch who is preparing to go on a mission and she is always doing missionary work and inviting people.  Sean who got baptized a few weeks ago was a friend that she gave a Book of Mormon to and he loved it.  He got the priesthood last week and is going to start passing the sacrament soon and is going to go to the temple this weekend to do baptisms!  So that's that for the singles branch.
 
I talked a lot about the Gundersons last week and guess what??  They excepted the invitation to be baptized on may 11th!!  I was on exchanges with the Spanish branch when they had the lesson with them and set the dates but they said it was super spiritual and they all were very excited about it!  There was two baptisms in the Spanish branch this past weekend so we invited everyone that we could to come and they came and so did Charolette and her son Raphael who is good friends with the two that got baptized.  They loved it and felt the spirit super strong and then were at church the next day and are developing relationships with the ward members and it is amazing!  Charolette if I haven't told you yet is Fawn Gundersons best friend and were teaching her before we even met Garry and Fawn.  Charolette has been a little reserved about getting baptized but we had a lesson with her on Friday night where we brought the stake patriarch who is in our ward and she had a ton of questions about baptism and we taught her and she felt the spirit and before we could even invite her to be baptized she told us that she wanted to!!  She is also getting dunked on the 11th with the Gundersons, it is going to be an incredible experience and I can't wait!  We also have been seeing a ton of miracles with our Zone this past week.  We didn't have very many baptisms as a zone this month and so I was wondering why that happened, and I came to the conclusion that it was because of my pride.  The month of March we led the mission in baptisms and I think that I let it go to my head and got a little prideful of that and the lord was chastening me and telling me that I need to be humble.  I repented of that and Elder Anderson and I sat down and figured out what we could do better as leaders and to serve and nothing else and things turned around almost instantly it was incredible.  We went from having 5 investigators with a date to 14 and 2 getting baptized that weekend.  I am using this as a good lesson to springboard from and not let pride get in the way again. 
 
Before I go I want to share one more experience we had with the Gundersons and Charolette last night.  I got a cold on Saturday and it got worse and I was feeling horrible last night so I told Elder Anderson that I wasn't going to do much talking because I felt like garbage.  We went about our night and tried some people, sat down with a less active couple and then at 8 we had the lesson with them and we started teaching and I felt fine.  I didn't even notice it until after we left and I started feeling sick again.  The lord took that away from me for a time so that we could teach in unity and clearly with the spirit.  We taught them about the Holy Ghost and the Word of Wisdom and they committed before we could ask them that they would quit smoking on the first of may and we are going to go and give them blessings on Tuesday night to help kick start their journey.  It was a miracle no doubt in my mind.  This is the Lords work and he wont let anything get in the way of that.  I Love this gospel with all my heart and I love you all very much. 

Love,


Elder Erickosn

No comments:

Post a Comment