Saturday, June 29, 2013

Email: April 1, 2013

Dear Family,
 
This week was a really good one here in Klamath Falls, we had a lot of really warm days that kept us wanting to be outside.  We went running almost every morning this week also, which was really good.  There is a park right down by the lake that is like a little beachy area and we run hills there, its been good for me.  This upcoming week is going to be very busy, we have a temple trip to Medford on Wednesday, so we had to switch our P-days, but its going to take up most of the day then so we are just emailing today so we don't have to worry about it then.  Then the next day, Elder Anderson and I have to get up and go to Zone Leader Council in Eugene which will take most of that day as well.  We didn't get back until like 7 last time, but I get to nap in the van most of the way which is pretty nice.  I am SOOOO excited to go to the temple, I haven't had the chance to do that since I have been out and I miss it a ton.  I really wanted to make it to the Portland temple but they stopped doing that the transfer before I got to an area where I could finally. 
 
We had an awesome week teaching wise this week too.  We were shooting to have 30 lessons this week and we ended up having 22 which is still better than we have had so far this transfer.  We have a mother and son that we are teaching that we reset a date with this week.  They are getting dunked on the 27th of April.  Then we have Mikeda who is getting baptized on the 20th of April, and we started teaching a little family this past week that has a lot of potential as well.  The Gunderson Family, we talked to them on the street one day and they invited us back and let us teach them on Thursday and then we came back last night and taught them again.  They have little religious background but they are open to all of it and they keep saying that it makes sense to them.  We read the first two chapters of the Book of Mormon with them and it was super powerful.  I forget sometimes the converting power that the book has in it.  I love reading it with people for the first time and seeing the stories come alive for them.  It is incredible.  The church and the gospel of Jesus Christ is the one thing that will save this world from itself.  I wish more people would just listen a little and let it into their lives.  We just heard yesterday that North Korea declared war on us? is that true?  The time is drawing nearer and nearer and we need to be more prepared than we ever have been before if we are to withstand what the devil is throwing at us. 
 
So President Young called me the other day and told me Officially that my release date is July 2.  I can't believe how fast it has gone by, it literally seems like it was just yesterday that I got on the plan and flew out here.  I looked at myself back then to now and seeing the difference is Incredible.  I know I was 21 when I left but it still seems like I was like Matthews age.  That's how I felt at least.  I will be forever grateful for the trials and difficulties that I went through to be where I am.  I am still far from perfect but I know that if I do my best to follow in the footsteps that Christ left us, that in the end, I will be okay.  I love you all very much, have fun watching conference and get a lot out of it! 

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment