Saturday, June 29, 2013

Email: December 10, 2012

Dear Family,
 
I got transferred!  Its very bitter sweet.  I am excited about the new adventure but I am also really bummed about leaving Albany right before Christmas.  I didn't want to do that but I will make the best of what I've got and move on.  My new companions name is Elder Aragon, he is from Massachusetts (don't know if I spelled that right) and yes you say his name just like the book ha ha.  He has been out 3 months now and is loving the mission, I am excited to be with him!  I got moved to Dallas 2nd ward.  It is about as north as you can go.  We cover this another little town called Falls City.  Dallas is about the same size as Prineville which I am excited about, I love the littler places, people seem to be a lot more humble and willing to hear the gospel.  I don't know much about this place yet but I will have more to tell next week obviously. 
 
Elder Clements and I had a really good week last week which was awesome.  And last night we got some really good news.  There is a part member family in the ward where the wife, Amy is not a member but is completely active and has a calling.  We couldn't figure out why she wasn't wanting to get baptized or why she hadn't yet.  They took a trip as a family down to San Diego this past week and she decided down there that she wanted to get baptized so it is happening down there and she is getting confirmed next Sunday at church!!  I am so excited for her!  It was a random miracle that made leaving a little harder but it was a good note to leave on.  I also realized that I have way to much stuff and I need to get ride of a bunch of it.  I even sent stuff home but somehow I keep collecting.  And I do have the address to our new place actually 439 SE Ash #2 Dallas Or 97338.  They just moved into the place so it is pretty bare but that's alright, we will make it home! 
 
We reorganized the hobbit hole last week and it looked amazing.  I don't know if I ever told you that that's what we called our place in Albany.  We lived in the basement and the ceilings were only like 6 and a half feet tall and shorter at some parts, it was crazy.  But we got a Christmas tree and then we moved all the couches and chairs into one room and made it a living room with the Christmas tree in the center.  I took a video when I was packing and I will send that SD card home today.  So with the Christmas stuff that is getting there in a few days, only mom is allowed to open the bag, do not look in it yet until Christmas morning, or else you owe me Cafe Rio when I get home.  I am having a sister missionary that was here take it home with her tomorrow so within a week or so she should be coming by to drop it off.  Well not much to share right yet but I will definitely have more to talk about next week!!! I love you all very much, Merry Christmas!

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment