Saturday, June 29, 2013

Email: March 25, 2013

Dear Family,

It has been a crazy week!!  We have seen tons of Miracles down here in K falls.  We had another 2 get dunked this past weekend and we have 2 more this week.  We talk to the assistants pretty often about the baptisms and we are leading the mission right now!  I'm not being prideful...  I am just super impressed with our zone and the missionaries that are putting in good work!  This past week we didn't have much happen, it was finals and then spring break for OIT and so all of the students are gone until next week so we didn't get a chance to meet with any of them.  We did set a baptism date with a girl named Mikeda yesterday and she is going down the 20th of April.   I think that I mentioned her last week.  Dani is out of town so we didn't meet with her.  We have a mom and a son in 1st ward who were supposed to get baptized this weekend but they were "busy" the past two weeks so we didn't get to meet with them and they need to come to church more and develop their testimony.  We are hopefully going to meet with them on Tuesday but we will see what happens.  We are speaking in both the branch and the ward this next week ha ha.  That should be fun.  We are talking about missionary work, who would have guessed, and the resurrection. 

We went to these caves this past week down in California and I thought it was going to be really fun.... it wasn't.  We got lost and ended up getting stuck and it was the first time in my life that I have ever felt claustrophobic (don't know how to spell that).  I literally felt like I was going to get stuck and die.  We all came to the decision that we were never going back, the whole zone went and nobody enjoyed it!  We decided just to stick with basketball and soccer.  We are at 40 baptisms so far as a mission to reach our goal of 300.  I don't know what everyone else is doing!  If every zone in the mission got 10 this month, we would be at 140 already.  We did find out that there were a bunch more emergency transfers this week because of some stuff that went down in Medford.  There were a bunch of people who were just sitting inside all day and doing nothing, playing xbox and watching movies.  Clowns ha ha, I don't them wanting to just waste time i get so bored if I sit around all day.  Just go home and play xbox and watch movies.  I think one of them actually got sent home for but I'm not sure. 

We haven't been tracting a lot lately just because we have been so busy but we are going to do a lot of that this week.  We as a mission are trying this new thing where we pray with people on their doorstep and leave a blessing on their home.  It actually has been working really well.  I will let you know what happens with that next week.  I love you all very much.

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment