Saturday, June 29, 2013

Email: January 21, 2013

Dear Family,
 
Sorry again for that short letter last week.  It was a way fun day though.  We went to this members house out there who is extremely well off and they fed us lunch and they live on whats called the "Shalishan Spit" it is a private community that is on a spit that goes out into the ocean around this little bay.  It was incredible, we got to see some seals and got like 5 feet away from them before they flopped away from us and went back into the water.  I'm pretty mad though, i got there and took one picture and my camera died.  The member that we were with also has a first edition copy of the Book or Mormon and he let us take pictures with us, I will forward those to you because he sent them to me. 
 
Transfers were this week, I don't know if I mentioned that last time or not, Elder Aragon got transferred and is going down to Grants Pass.  It is down by Medford just off of I-5.  Its almost at the bottom of the mission.  So he went from the top all the way down to the bottom.  We had a really good past two weeks though.  We have been having a lot of success here and President Young in his email to me today, challenged me to get 6 baptisms here before I leave this area.  I am going to take that challenge and we are going to get them.  We have been focusing a lot on the power of prayer in the mission.  There was a cool quote from President Monson that I actually heard yesterday that is simple but powerful.  He said "Miracles are Wrought by Prayer" and I have definitely seen that when I am praying sincerely and pleading with Heavenly Father, he blesses the work.  Especially when I don't pray for myself so much. 
 
I did get a letter from Amber and Troy this week with a TON of pictures it was awesome!  There were a lot of pictures of their house and the wedding and the ugly sweater party you guys had.  Those were pretty funny ha ha.  They were very good letters and have given me a big motivation boost.  Katie decided to go on a mission, that's way cool!  I am excited for her.  This work is amazing and she will love it. 
 
We didn't get to meet with several of our Investigators this week, it was frustrating.  Satan works very hard on those who are about to make such a big life changing decision that will bring them closer to their heavenly father.  My new companions name is Elder Cox, we are going to work as hard as we can and get them through the trials and into the water.  This transfer is only 5 weeks long because of the new MTC schedule so it is going to go by even faster.  I can't believe it is already almost the end of January.  AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!  I wish I could freeze time.  Well I love you all very much and hope it starts to warm up a little out there.  I am glad its not that cold here.  It's super foggy which is so coool!!  I don't know why I like it so much but I like walking through the fog.  Via Con Dios!

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment