Saturday, June 29, 2013

Email: April 15, 2013

Dear Family,
 
Not much to share this week.  We have two brand new missionaries in our zone this transfer, they are super awesome and ready to work hard!  One of them already set a baptism date with someone and he only got here on Thursday!  We had our Zone training meeting on Friday that Elder Anderson and I taught.  It went really well and the spirit was super strong.  We taught about using Baptism services as a finding activity and also using our gifts and talents that god has given us to help the people that we are teaching.  Funny story about that, at the ZLC a the time before last, the assistants asked us to prepare a few things that we thought the mission needed and bring them up to the group and decide what we should be teaching the mission.  So my idea and what I thought we needed was personality and using the gifts and talents that god gave us to do the best we can.  We are unique and we were all sent here for a reason.  Anyway, I shared that and Elder Mckenzie who was the assistant at the time totally shot me down and said that we shouldn't try to just be ourselves.  Ouch!  And then the next zone leader council we have, that's like one of the biggest things talked about!  What the heck??  I was pretty annoyed with Mckenzie but its all good, its what needed to be taught and now it is so that's all that matters.. and he's not assistant anymore ha ha.  That's probably super spiteful of me to say but I'm not too worried. 
 
We did a lot of finding this week and found 3 new investigators that seem pretty solid.  We had 3 of our investigators come to church yesterday as well which was super good, its been a long time since that many were there.  No one showed up to the singles branch which kind of sucked.  We are struggling with investigators there.  They are all super liberal college students who want nothing to do with us, its frustrating.  We go to the campus sometimes and set up a booth which worked at the beginning I guess but no one even comes near us, and we can't openly talk to them because they wont let us.  So our work over there right now is almost non-exsistent.  We are still teaching Dani and she is coming along slowly but surely, but we tried to set a baptism date this past week and she was not having it ha ha.  She said that she feels like she doesn't know enough.  We tried to plan a whole lesson to help her understand that she doesn't need to know everything right away and none of us know everything, but she still wasn't having it.  We are teaching her again today.  There is family in the ward, the Phillips who are going to Provo soon and I am going to ask them if they would be willing to take a few things home for me so I don't have to worry about sending stuff home.  I will let you know for sure if and when I do. 
 
Mom, your birthday is coming up soon right?? You're going to be 39 again?  How many times is that now? ha ha, I will send you something this week sometime.  Tell Matthew that he needs to write me a letter, I haven't heard from him in like 6 months.  I keep sending him stickers and stuff and he still doesn't write back.  Anyway, I love you all very much!

Love,


Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment