Saturday, June 29, 2013

Email: January 7, 2013

Dear Family,

So... Traci got married and didn't even tell me... How rude, I won't lie, I am kind of upset about that.  But there's not much I can do about it, they have agency.  Leah lives in Eugene huh?  That's really random, I thought they lived in like Alaska or something.  That is cool that Troy is going to Mexico!  Is that the same mission that Elder Tree is in?  Mom will you get me Jared's address, I would like to write him a letter, I haven't in a while because I think I lost his address. 
We had a really good week this week.  But before I tell you about that, I have a crazy story.  So on Monday we went and played tennis with a few people in the ward and the other missionaries came and were watching and were going to play.  Then out of nowhere, Elder Spicer decides to try and jump over the net after a ball and catches his foot on the net and slams face first into the ground.  It was scary, at first when we ran over to him he couldn't remember his first name and he was bleeding like crazy.  There happened to be a cop driving by at that moment so we flagged him down and he called the ambulance and got them over there.  Karlynne, the girl from the ward was super calm and got a towel and put pressure on his head and stopped the bleeding.  They took him to the hospital and they glued his head up, instead of stitches.  Luckily he was okay and didn't even get a concussion.  He didn't remember any of it afterwards though.  So that is my crazy story for the week. 
Missionary work wise, we had a really good week.  We found 7 new investigators and are teaching a lot of people now.  Its awesome!  We had 6 of them at church and had a really cool miracle happen yesterday.  We were planning Saturday night and we needed one more member present lesson to reach the goal we had set for the week and we couldn't think of anyone to get one with so we planned a "miracle hour" at 6 and prayed really hard that we would be able to have a lesson there like we planned.  At church we had a ton of our investigators there and this part member family showed up.  They had a recent death in the family that kind of shocked them.  It was a the father and the grand father of them and he was a very active member of the church his whole life.  So we were able to set up an appointment with them that night at 6 and go have dinner with them and invite them to hear the lessons again.  It was a definite miracle and I feel that things have been going so well because we are being obedient and working hard. 
I have had that on my mind a lot lately.  Sometimes it seems like the lord asks a lot of us, which he does in a sense, but he promises us so much more in return.  I have had to remember that when I have gone through hard times here and before in my life, that the Lord will never leave us wanting.  He is ALWAYS there for us as long as we are humble and willing to let him help.  I have come to better understand how important family is and how much I love you all.  I don't know what I would do if I didn't have a family as amazing as I do.  I really can see the people that care about me and I appreciate it so much!   Love you all!  Hope you have a really good week!!!!

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment