Saturday, June 29, 2013

Email: February 26, 2013

Dear Family,
 
So the big news is.......... I did get transferred and that's why you did not get my email yesterday.  It was the longest day of my life!!!  I am now serving in Klamath Falls, which is at the Very Bottom of the state not very far from the California border and we actually cover a branch there.  I was made zone leader also which i didn't really want to happen ha ha but I will deal with it.  I got in the car yesterday morning at 8 am and I didn't get down here until 830, it was a fiasco.  I did get a ton of people that I haven't seen in forever which was awesome.  We got a flat tire with the trailer and they didn't have a spare so we had to wait for like an hour and a half on the side of the freeway til someone could bring us one.  My new comps name is Elder Anderson he says hi, and he thinks he's really good at beat boxing but he really isn't.  I knew him already which was a first for me.  Before this I had never heard of any of my companions before I was with them.  He is a super good kid and we are excited for the work that is going on down here.  From what it sounds like we will have between 3 and 6 baptisms in the next few weeks.   They have one with a date right now but several others in the works that we will set dates with in the coming weeks.  We cover mainly a YSA branch but just got a family ward added to ours and we cover lots of little branches until there is a senior couple coming in like a month or something.  It sounds like a sweet area and there are a lot of people that I know down here so we are going to have a ton of fun and get a lot of work done. 
 
The weather here is a lot like Utah. It is dry and there is snow and we are in the mountains.  We're at 4000 feet so its not very far from where you guys are at.  I definitely heard the news about the new Salem mission being announced and they announced it over the pulpits in sacrament that they already have a mission president called and they have the mission office set up but it wont start until the beginning of July.  President Young hasn't said anything to us about it which kind of bugs me but I'm sure that we will find out more and more information about it as time goes along.   I don't know much more than that about the area or any of the people but I'm sure that I will have more to say next week.  Our baptism on Friday with Teresa went really well.  The spirit was really strong and I was the one who got to baptize here which I haven't done in a while so It was cool.  They are going to go through the temple in about a year and be sealed which I am definitely going to be there for, I love those guys.  I liked Dallas and I was sad to see it go.  Well I don't have much more to say other than I love you all and I appreciate all you do for me and being in my life! 

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment