Saturday, June 29, 2013

Email: June 24, 2013



Dear Family,

I don't even know what to say at this point!  I have loved this experience more than any other I have had and I learned more than I ever thought I could.  I love that I am not perfect and I get to figure out my weaknesses and work on them.  They asked me to get up yesterday and share some things that I have learned as a missionary and my testimony.  I thought I would do really good and not be emotional at all... nope.  I got up there and cried like a little baby.  I will do my best to not do that when I talk at home ha ha.  I just can't believe it has come to an end.   I honestly do not feel like I have been doing this that long.  I am going to miss it so much, I love these missionaries and these people.  The plus to having come to Oregon is that I can keep in touch with everyone for the rest of my life.  
This past week was good, we had a few good lessons with people in the singles branch, one in particular was awesome.  It was with a kid named Spencer.  He is good friends with someone on the branch who has recently become active again, and she shared the Gospel with him and he wanted to learn more.  She gave him a book of Mormon and he read some, so we sat down and taught the restoration to him.  He believes in a higher power as of recently but doesn't know if he believes in Jesus Christ.  Se taught him all about Christ and his role and in the end invited him to read and pray about the whole thing and he was very excited to do so.  I am excited to see his progress and I think he is going to get baptized very soon!  
Well, thank you all for supporting me as a missionary, I definitely couldn't have done this without all of that.  I Love you all very much.

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment