Saturday, June 29, 2013

Email: December 17, 2012

Dear Family,
 
This week in Dallas has been a good one.  It was super dry most of the week which was weird but I wasn't going to complain!  Until yesterday and Saturday and then it made up for all the dry days.  It poured harder than I have ever seen in so far.  It was insane.  If I didn't have my umbrella I would have been drenched in like 30 seconds. 
 
Elder Aragon and Elder Henrie who was here before me have been doing a lot of good work so we have a ton of stuff going on here!  We have one with a date, his name is Corwin Benton and he is like 10 I believe but is has been getting his family active and now his younger sister who is 8 wants to get baptized as well so she is going to be at the child of record baptism in early January.  There is also a family that we are teaching that they son got baptized the weekend before I got here, his name is Damonte and his mom is preparing for a date and another lady who lives with them.  Its frustrating because the father in the picture is a complete bum and doesn't want anything to do with the church and sits around playing his playstation all day long every day.  There are several part-member families that we are working with as well. 
 
There is a guy named Dan Breese who is awesome.  His whole family got baptized down in Takena actually, where I just was, before they moved up here and so they know a lot of the people that I just served around.  He hasn't got baptized yet because he feels like his faith in God isn't quite there anymore.  He wants to have greater faith before he takes that step, but its our goal to get him in the water before the end of this transfer.  We made a goal to have 3 people baptized and I feel that we will get it!  Dan is a completely active non-member and he just got called to be a helper in the scouts over the 14-15 year olds.  He has two sons that are that age and we had dinner with them on Saturday night and he is super stoked about it. 
 
I didn't get that SD card off last week, it was super hectic with all the moving around and such.  They actually just moved into a new place the week before I got here.  Its a nice little 2 bedroom place, in a 3-plex.  Its like right in the center of our area which is perfect because the place they lived before was way out of town and they had to drive out like 2 miles every night to get there.  Also, We have a car half the time here!!!!!!!  I can't tell you how excited I am about that.  I have been full bike for all but 3 transfers so far.  There are 2 sets of us here and the other Elders live super close which is way fun.  We get to see them quite a bit.  We have a pretty big district also.  There are 5 companionships and 6 wards.  We cover Dallas, Monmouth and Lincoln City, which is on the coast.  I am going out there for exchanges next week, I am so excited!!!  I haven't seen the coast in a long time.  I know it will be super rainy and cold but I love the ocean.  We have Zone Conference in Albany tomorrow which will be kinda cool, I left a few things at the hobbit hole, so I am going to pick them rather than having to have them sent to me.  There are a lot of people here who are actually related to people down there so that was super funny. 
 
Well, Christmas is next week, I am super excited to get to talk to you!  We had some really good talks yesterday that talked about keeping the real meaning of Christmas in our hearts.  Remember what Christ did for us and the Ultimate Gift that he gave.  "No man hath greater love than this, that a man lay down his life for his friend".  I don't know if I quoted that completely right.  There also was a good scripture that I read this morning in 2 Nephi 10:23.  You should all read it!  I love you all very much!  Merry Christmas!!!!

Love,


Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment