Saturday, June 29, 2013

Email: April 8, 2013

Dear Family,
 
General Conference this past weekend was amazing!  I didn't want it to end!  There were so many incredible talks, its hard to just pick one to talk about.  That's way cool that they are putting a temple down in Cedar City and in Rio!  I have always wanted to go there, this will make me want to go even more!  The over all thought that I felt they were trying to get across this time was that God and his commands do not change.  The world is the one that changes.  I think Elder Nelson did a really good job of describing that when he gave the analogy with his hands.  The gospel is always and has always been the same.  Satan has changed the ideals of the humans and their nature and it is us that needs to change to meet Gods will and not for God to change for us. 
 
We had a really long week this week, we went to Medford to go to the temple on Wednesday which was Incredible!  I miss that feeling and being able to just sit in peace in the Celestial room.  I love the feelings of the spirit when they are strong.  That took up most of the day so we didn't get to do much else.  Then the next morning we had to get up super early and drive to Eugene for Zone leader council.  It was right before Transfers so they invited all the people that they were making zone leaders to the meeting.  We did it at the mission home, it was super packed.  We had one of our district leaders that they asked to come with us, he is a character ha ha, we spent a lot of time on the way there talking about harry potter and which of our zone and in the mission would be in which house.  I am in Slytherin apparently ha ha.  I am okay with that!  But we got the calls and Elder Anderson and I are staying together for one more.  I am glad that I only have one more companion to get to know and how to work with.  We get a long pretty well most of the time.  We argue sometimes about rules and following the spirit of the law.   He almost wouldn't let us email today because we couldn't sit right next to each other at the library.  Little things like that shouldn't bother me but it happens on a regular basis with stupid things.  If he spent half the time thinking about the work that he did on the little tick tacky rules, we would much more work going on. My patience is definitely being tested but I am trying really hard to be loving and kind and not worry about myself so much. 
 
We taught this family this week named the Gundersons, I don't know if I mentioned them last week, I was kind of rushed.  They are awesome and we are excited for them to come to church this next week!  Its a mom dad and two kids, a 13 year old and a 18 month year old.  They are very prepared and love the Book of Mormon.  They read several chapters in between our visits.  We are planning on setting a baptismal date with all of them this week which will be awesome!  Well I love you all very much!  Thank you for being awesome!

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment