Monday, November 5, 2012

Email: November 5, 2012


Dear Family,

I can't believe its almost Christmas!  Now that it is November we are allowed to listen to Christmas music, its awesome.  I have a Michael Buble CD that I got from another missionary that is awesome!  And I have a mix CD with some Mannheim Steamroller, I don't know if I spelled that right ha ha.  

This week has be an amazing one full of more and more miracles!!  It was incredible.  So my new comp Elder Clements is from Arkansas and has been out about 9 months.  He is a very hard worker and focused on the work.  It has been awesome getting to know him and I am super stoked about this upcoming transfer.  We were able to set another baptism date on Thursday night with Trona that we tracted into.  He is a single guy who has two kids who are 11 and 13.  We have splits with the elders quorum every Thursday night so Elder Clements was with our ward mission leader Bro. Beer who actually knew Trona.  They went in and taught the first lesson and invited him to be baptized and he is getting dunked on the 1st of December!  His kids weren't there but we are meeting again tomorrow night and we are going to invite them to be baptized also!  It is a complete miracle.  The ward baptism goal for the year was 12 I think and they are at 5 so we made it a goal to get them to the 12 by the end of the year and I think it is going to happen.  

We also tracted into another little family on Friday afternoon.  We had to go out a ways to go to our appointment with Ike and Delores and we got there a little early so we decided to tract right around their area.  We ended up only knocking 2 doors because the second one let us in.  It was a mom dad and son who were super friendly and allowed us to teach them the first lesson and invited us back to teach again.  We committed them to read and pray before then and we are going back Tuesday night.  The spirit was very strong in the lesson and we are stoked for this family and for the work that is going on here in Albany!  We have been striving to be as obedient as we can and we are definitely seeing the blessings of keeping the commandments.  We also picked up an new investigator named Angela last night who really needs the gospel.  She is a super sincere lady in her 30's and she has been going through a lot in life.  She has two kids who are in juvie for a while and then a seven year old at home.  She said that she would read and pray and that we could come back on Thursday night when we do splits and we will teach and see if she got an answer.  

For Halloween we didn't get to do much.  They didn't really want us knocking doors which was no fun but we had an appointment or two and then we had to be back in by 730 and we did our weekly planning.  I don't like days where we don't get to do much, I love working and staying busy.  It makes things go better and i'm happier.  I definitely feel like I am a different person than I used to be.  This was the best choice I have ever made!  It is cool to see the promises in my patriarchal blessing coming true more and more every day.  I know that the gospel is true!  I love you all very much.  This week will probably be a week that goes down in history.  

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment