Monday, November 5, 2012

Email: October 15, 2012


Dear Family, 

Crazy, I have been back out this time for 1 year now!  On Thursday anyway.  Time is going pretty fast!  I can't believe that it is almost halloween!  I think I might dress up like a missionary this year... ha ha.  

So this week was very long and mentally draining.  We are working are very hardest everyday to move the work forward here but we aren't seeing anything come from it right away.  It's hard.  Plus it started raining on Friday and that is going to take some getting used to again.  I forgot how not seeing the sun can affect how you feel.  But with all of that we won't let it stop us from pushing ourselves everyday and working hard.  We don't really have many investigators right now who are progressing anywhere.  Just Gus.  On the flip side though he is doing awesome and reading the Book of Mormon.  We had a lesson with him last Monday night and it went well.  We talked about what he had read so far and he said he likes it a lot because it is easier to read.  We kinda had a little lesson about Lehi's dream and what it meant.  I am so excited for that!  That is usually the hardest thing to get people to do is to actually read what the book says.  

We kinda started teaching this guy named George also but we aren't sure if he is just there to argue.  He has like 3 pages of anti stuff that he wants cleared up.  He sounds very sincere when he is asking but it doesn't seem to be getting us anywhere.  We went in with a plan of bearing testimony and getting him to realize that if he believes that the book of mormon is true than the rest of it comes with it and how important it is to get that spiritual witness from the holy ghost.  But he didn't sound like he was actually going to put it to the test that way.  He said hes going to compare it to the bible and if it doesn't match up then it isnt true.  So we will meet with him a few more times and see where it takes us but if he makes in argumentative then we will stop going over to see him.  

Elder Sheen was sick yesterday so we spent the day inside which was hard.  I had cabin fever pretty bad.  I watched the testaments twice and read and took a nap but it really helps me see how much I like going out and working everyday.  Its very satisfying.  Sorry there is more to report this week.  Hopefully this one will be a better week.  We have interviews with President Young tomorrow morning which should be pretty good. 

I almost forgot.  I was going to tell you about this cool study I did this week.  Brother Marteeny in the ward told us about it so I thought I would look into it.  He talked to us about Ministering angels and I had never really thought about it before.   But the Aaronic Priesthood holds the Keys to the Ministering of Angels.  Those angels who minister are the spirits who have already lived and have accepted the gospel or those who haven't lived yet.  Those who have already passed and are there ministering are our ancestors.  When we are being righteous we have the right to those angels who will be round about us to bear us up and also confirm the testimony of the gospel to others.  If you haven't looked into it, I would suggest it!  Love you all very much!  



Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment