Monday, November 5, 2012

Email: October 1, 2012


Dear Family,

Well tell Wilson the dog congrats on being a dad!  ha ha that is nuts to hear that she had them already that fast.  Didn't she just get pregnant like a month ago?!  I guess I don't know how that works with dogs.  Crazy Crazy.  Saw some of the lake powell pictures, looks like it was fun!  Well I hope everything goes smoothly with the dog and that she is okay.  

This week has been a service week.  By sunday I was just so dead.  We helped the minks, a family in our ward mix and pour cement for a footing for a shop.  It was very cool to learn how to do it but it was super long and tiring.  I kind of want to build my own home someday so its good to know how to do concrete now.  We are still doing a lot of finding through the old formers and potentials list.  Bishop Harding also gave us a list of people to go and see this upcoming week and we have a cool lesson planned with Gus tonight where hopefully we are going to invite him to be baptized!  I am stoked.  We also did service and had a lesson with Laurette on friday and talked about her making the next steps to gain a testimony and really know if this is true.  We helped her peel apples so that she could dehydrate them.  It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be.  My hands were dying by the end. 

For our Pday activity today we went... Golfing!  It was so good to get out and hit some balls.  I haven't been for like six months and I am terrible but it is still fun.  We are also planning to go over to the coast next week which should be sweet!  There is a cool Nike outlet store over in Lincoln City that I want to go to.  It's weird, even though this is where Nike was started and the headquarters are they don't have a lot of stores around.  They sell the stuff in other stores but it is super expensive.  

I can't even explain to you how excited I am for General Conference this weekend!  Its hard to believe that its already here but I am not complaining.  We are going to invite as many people as we can this week to watch it.  Lots of the members opened their homes and said that we could invite some of our investigators over to watch it!  Well other than that, not much to report this week.   I love you all very much.  Thanks for being there for me!  



Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment