Monday, September 24, 2012

Email: September 24, 2012


Dear Family,

This past week was super busy and full of miracles.   It was different to not be working in the YSA branch anymore but it has given us the opportunity to focus on Takena even more.  We sat down at the beginning of the week and tried to come up with some new ideas for finding the neither of us had tried before.  There are a bunch in the front of our planners and in Preach My Gospel in chapter 9.  We looked at those and decided to try a few.   The ones that we have already put into action are we went to the hospital and put our names on a list with the Chaplin for people who are in need of someone to talk to.  Then we tried to find a homeless shelter or a soup kitchen that we could volunteer at, and we found one and asked what we could do to help and they have a thrift store that they run also and said that they needed help there so we did that on Thursday.  It was an awesome finding opportunity.  We got to know a lady named Angel who just moved here and is staying at the shelter til she can find a place to live.  She is an RN who is looking for work.  We have an appointment with her Tuesday.  

We also decided to go through the area book and contact everyone that looked like they had some potential to want to listen to the gospel.  We have a huge list now and we are focusing a lot of our time on contacting those people.  We found 3 new investigators just from that.  It was awesome, an old Black guy named Gus, who is an Vietnam Vet, and a guy named David and a lady named Laurette.  They are all very promising and we both felt like they are going to get baptized at some point.  I am stoked for the next few weeks that we will be able to teach all of these people.  We have Zone Conference tomorrow and it sounds like its going to be a good one.  I am pretty excited about it.  Also some great news, Elder Cooper is my Zone leader now so I get to see that guy all the time!  I love that kid, I am excited for you to meet him someday.  He has been a good example to me of what type of missionary and person I want to be.  

Other than that, Elder Sheen is a cool dude.  He is from Phoenix Arizona.  Has been out for like 9 months.  He is a very spiritual missionary and I am learning a lot from him already.  He has been a good example to me and I hope to be humble enough to learn from him.  I got the package yesterday!  Thank you so much, we have already had a ton of fun with those nerf guns.  Plus I am excited to try that Halloween Crunch!  But I have to buy some milk first, I ran out yesterday morning.  Well I love you all very much.  Hope everyone is doing well.  



Love
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment