Monday, September 24, 2012

Email: July 30, 2012


Dear Family,

Well it is almost official.  I am going to be transfered in about a week im like 99% sure.  President Young told me at the specialized training this past week that he needs to be ready to take over the area.  I had figured that this was the time that I would leave but I am completely not ready for it.  I have come to love these people and this area more than I ever thought that I could.  There is a part in my Patriarchal blessing that says that I will learn to love families beyond anything that I can comprehend right now, and it is truly being fulfilled right before my eyes.  It is going to be a very emotional week. 
 
We had specialized training in Eugene on tuesday, basically its a zone conference with a different name.  We talked about letting go of extra baggage, spiritually and temporally.  It was awesome.  We practiced teaching members and also teaching short powerful lessons on the door step which was pretty cool.  It is something that we have been focusing on for a few weeks now in district meeting and other meetings. 
 
So I don't think I have told you yet but blackberries grow like a weed here.  People hate them because they just grow everywhere and dont stop.  We have some huge bushes of them right by our house that are finally having some that are ripe that we went a picked the other morning.  We probably picked like 2 or 3 pounds in just a few minutes and then made a smoothie with some of them.  I will attach some pictures so you can see them.  I thought dad might be jealous ha ha. 
 
We set a date with Victor who we have been teaching for a long time.  He finally said that the priesthood is something he wants in his life for his family so he can be a better father to his kids.  It was definitely spirit led when we talked with him about that.  We also did a lot of tracting this past week and found 4 new investigators.  I am excited for them.  They are going to be awesome.  We are going to use this last week to build things up as much as we can for Vande and his new companion. 
 
So usually I read an ensign article or 2 when I eat my breakfast in the morning, because we have lots of the old ones, and I read a really good one this week that had a great quote from President Monson.  He said "Decisions Determine Destiny."  I loved that a lot.  I think it applies to every single one of us.  We can control the outcome because we have the gift of agency that was given to us.  We always have a choice to do good, and we become who we want to be by consistently being who we want to become.  Our choices affect everything.  Remember that!  I love you all very much. 

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment