Monday, September 24, 2012

Email: August 6, 2012


Dear Family,

I got the transfer call on saturday morning and I am being transfered to Albany.  It is up by Corvalis.  I have never been farther north than Eugene so it will definitely been an adventure!  I have a lot of mixed emotions today.  There are some awesome elders that I have been able to serve with here who are going home soon and so that is a bummer and then I have to leave all these amazing people that I have come to love so much.  I am excited also at the same time to go and meet new people there and develop those new relationships.  I don't know much about the area so I will write a lot more about it next week.  They do transfers on mondays now, which I don't agree with, and so I don't have a ton of time today.  I leave to go up there at 4:30.  We are picking up Elder Black, who is replacing me, at 12:15.  The Wicks wanted to do one last lunch so they are taking us out to lunch when we pick him up. 
 
We had an awesome week other than that.  We were able to set a date with Tina and Ed that we have been working with for a while now.  Elder Vande Merwe invited them to be baptized at the end of the lesson and they excepted for september 25th.  I am very excited for them both.  We have seen a difference in them since we have started teaching them and they have started to live the gospel.  They came to church yesterday and loved it.  We also had a less active member come with them that we have been trying to get there for a long time!  I tried to use that I was leaving to my advantage the best I could.  It kind of worked ha ha. 
 
I am staying District Leader up there.  My new Comps name is Elder Worsencroft.  He has been in the mission since February so not too long but I have heard really good things about him.  I talked to Elder Cooper who is up in salem and he said he is a cool kid.  I am super excited. We are going to do some work!  Well I love you all very much.  Melinda and Matthew stop being punks, or I will come back and kick you in the shins!  But I still love you. 

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment