Monday, September 24, 2012

Email: September 4, 2012


Dear Family,

This week was jam packed full of service.  The library was closed yesterday and apparently there were some elders who abused the computer privilege at the family history center so we aren't allowed to use it anymore.  Anyway, we had on day last week that was completely devoted to service it was crazy.  We started by helping someone move from around 10 to like 3, then it was off to do some yard work for a potential investigator that we found service tracting.  Then we got a referral that someone needed help moving some pianos so we went and moved 3, one wall piano and 2 grand pianos, It was crazy!  I can't believe how heavy those things are.  It took 8 of us to get them where we wanted them.  I will never buy one of those just for that reason ha ha.  We then went back to that same persons house and finished up moving, thats when brother Mortenson called the moss's and I said hi to them!  We did a bunch of other stuff over the course of the next week and I was very sore by the end of every day.  

Also I am happy to say that Issac Hickel, one of the people we were teaching, made a covenant with his Heavenly Father and was baptized!  It went really well.  His mother was baptized earlier this year and he has been taking the lessons for about a month and a half, so we taught him a few times when I got here and he wasn't sure yet if he wanted to get dunked but he prayed really hard about it and got an answer that now was the time.  He is really excited to get the priesthood and start passing the sacrament.  He is 12 right now by the way.  I am so excited for him and his mom.  She actually gave a talk in stake conference when Bishop Stevenson was there.  She is a very spiritual person.  Funny thing happened at the baptism though, so we were told it takes about 2 and a half hours to fill the font so we went over at like 430 so it would be done around 7 when the baptism was.  There was sign there that said it takes two hours.  We were good with that because we planned to be there around 630 any way so we turned it on.  Apparently neither of those times are correct  When we got there at 630 it was almost overflowing.  So when he dunked him, the water went over and a bunch of it came out onto the carpet ha ha.  We were trying to have a testimony meeting while waiting for them to change and it was very distracting trying to clean up the water while doing that.  But other than that it went smoothly and the spirit was definitely there.  

So meg, its been a while since you updated that blog.  Did you guys get the sd card that I sent home?  Oh so I got a call from the Wicks down in Roseburg and they were coming up this way to do some shopping in Portland so they stopped by Saturday afternoon and took us out to lunch.  It was soo good to see them again.  I love that family.  Also I wrote Maggie a letter and asked if she wants to write Maryn Wicks who is her age, and told Maryn about it and she is really excited to do so.  I have been writing Katie and Zack and it is so good to see their progression still.  Zack just got the Melchizedek Priesthood, and his plans for a mission are going well.  It is so cool to hear how people are still progressing.  Tha'ts the best part about being here.  I love it!  I wrote Eileen and Jeff a letter this past week, I didn't even realize that it was her birthday so will you tell her happy birthday for me!   Also, I am super jealous that you are going to Lake Powell.  That is the only trip so far that has made me feel this way ha ha.  But live it up and take lots of pictures and tell the whole family that I love them and miss them.  Send me some of the pictures would ya!  Well I love you all so much, Have a good Week!  



Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment