Monday, September 24, 2012

Email: August 27, 2012


Dear Family,

So to answer the first question about Matthew using my tools, he can but he needs to be very careful with them and make sure to put them back in the exactly right spot.  Plus that torque wrench was like 200 dollars so if he drops it or even sets it down to hard it can screw up the calibration on it so he needs to be extremely careful with it.  I don't know if he will need it going into fundamentals but its there if he needs it.  Just be careful please!!

This week was pretty good.  We were challenged by the zone leaders for all of us in the district to get 12 hours tracted this week.  We got it and the sisters got it but the other companionship only got 5 which was pretty frustrating.  We are having trouble with them.  They don't seem very motivated to do anything.  So we are going to go on exchanges soon so that we can see how they do things.  The district leader used to be in their area and it was doing really well.  I am just trying really hard to be positive and motivated them rather than come down on that at all.  It seems to be helping because the week before the only had like 3 lessons and 1 hour tracted.  So its going up!  They found some solid new gators this week.  

We have a baptism coming up this weekend.  His name is Issac.  I think that I told you about him.  He is a little nervous about the whole thing but he is also super excited.  He told us at church yesterday that he wanted to throw up but it was a good feeling ha ha.  I don't know if I told you but we have to go to 7 hours of church on Sundays, its crazy!  We have takena in the morning from 9 to 12 and then we have Grand Prairie from 1 to 4 and then correlation with the branch mission leader and missionaries.  We just got 2 more branch missionaries which is awesome!  It is so nice to finally have some because in my last 2 areas we didn't have any at all.  

We started a stop smoking workshop this week with a guy named mason and he didn't quit.  It was very frustrating.  He has weened back a lot but he just can't seem to kick the habit.  I wish people would just see the harm that it does to you.  I will never understand why anyone would smoke.   It is one of the most harmful things that you can do to yourself and those around you and it has no benefits whatsoever.  So if I ever started smoking I give you permission to cut off my right hand ha ha.  They can't feel the spirit at all when they are so bound down by the chains of that addiction.  

I might have shared this last week but I had a cool study on small and simple things that had a huge impact on me.  I am coming to slightly better understand agency and the gift that it really is.  The only difference between people and their progression levels in the gospel is their agency.  I have been trying to think how my life would have turned out if I had not made a few simple choices that turned into huge things.  I know that I can't change that but it has better helped me to know how not to make those choices again and not go down those "forbidden paths" as Lehi described them.  

Well anyway sorry for rambling.  I did get the postcards dad, thank you and I also got the letters that the youth wrote which was pretty cool.  Thank you for everything that you do for me and the example that you all are.  I love you very much!  



Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment