Monday, September 24, 2012

Email: August 20, 2012


Dear Family,

This week was so spiritually jam packed its crazy!  I told you last week that Elder Anderson from the 12 was coming.  He brought with him Elder Rasband, the president of the seventy and Elder Stephenson, the new presiding bishop and Elder Hansen of the seventy.  Plus we had Elder Snow come earlier in the week and got to listen to him as well.  It was amazing.  I feel like I am on a spiritual high.  We are ready to go out and hit it hard this week and do some work!  They talked a lot about obedience and the importance of the spirit.  I have been studying and focusing on using the spirit more in my work lately so it was perfect.   Also I have been thinking a lot about how I can be more obedient and how much our choices affect us down the road even if we don't realize it.  My choices today will affect hugely who I am and become and what happens in the future.  He also talked about how we need to have our loyalty to the lord above anyone else.  We will be held accountable for how we used our short stay here on earth, to him and him alone.  If we have made a mistake we should not care about what others think about that as long as we get ourselves right with the lord and try our best to please him and keep his commandments.  That hit me very strongly.  When I came home I was very worried about what others thought about me and it almost kept me from repenting and making things right.  It wasn't until I realized that I shouldn't care what they think because they aren't the ones who paid for that sin already and want me to be the best that I can.  It even says in the White Handbook, our loyalty is first to the Lord.  It made me think about how I use the short time I am given here in the mission field.  All in all it was a very good meeting and I am excited to start applying what I have learned.  

Other than that we didn't have the most time this week to go out and proselyte.  I am going on exchanges with the Zone leaders tonight to tomorrow.  I am excited to see how they run their area and learn some new things.  It was awesome to get to see all of my past companions and missionaries that I have grown so close to.  It is cool to see their growth.  I got to see my favorite other missionary, Elder Cooper!  I love that guy.  He is such a stud ha ha.  He is zone leader up in Salem so I haven't been able to see him for a few months now and I got to see him twice this week.  It was awesome.  I am grateful for the eternal friendships that I am making and I have already seen how they have changed and shaped who I am right now and who I will become in the future.  I feel like a completely different person.  I love it!  

I don't think I will have time to write everyone back today so I will say that Albany is awesome.  I like it a lot already.  there is a lot of work going on here and lots of potential for even more to be happening.  Grant and Issac are the two we have with a date right now and they are for the 31st of the month.  We have one more that we are going to set a date with this week, he has been out of town so we couldn't.  We had a less active guy show up to stake conference yesterday as well.  Oh I forgot to tell you.  Elder Stephenson came to our stake conference as well as president young.  So we were able to listen and talk with him a little more.  It was sweet!  Plus we all got shake hands with them on Saturday which was very cool.  That is the first General Authority that I have ever shaken hands with.  Well I love you all very much.  Be safe on your drive home.  



Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment