Monday, September 24, 2012

Email: May 7, 2012


Dear Family,

The weeks seem to be going by faster and faster each week.  I can't believe another transfer has already gone by.  Elder Mildenhall leaves a week from tomorrow.  I am going to miss that guy!  He and I get a long very well and he is very sincere with everything that he does.  There are going to be a lot of changes with people here in our district this next transfer.  We have two that are going to be going home and then probably another three that will be going to other places, its going to be weird!  I used to be nervous about getting new companions but it doesn't really bother me anymore.  I have come to love everyone of them so far.  It took longer with some than others but we got there eventually.  We have done a lot of good work here this transfer I feel and have had a lot of good experiences.  This is the first time I have got two baptism's in a transfer and I am looking forward to have that just continue to go up and up.  I still have trouble sometimes getting across what I am trying say but I am getting a lot better than I was.  Unfortunately Elder Mildenhall is pretty shy and unsure of himself so I had to do a lot of the talking and teaching this past month or so.  It has made me get a lot better but I feel bad for him, he tries really hard but he can't seem to get out what he wants very often. 
Everything ended up going well with zack.  We did have his baptism and Elder Mildenhall was the one who did the performed the ordinance.  It was awesome!  His mom was able to have someone help her be there and loved it!  I am excited for what the future has in store for the both of them.  Zack has expressed interest in going on a mission which will be awesome!!  I am so stoked for him!  We have started teaching another few people that are pretty cool.  One of them told us that he was going to be at church tomorrow but he ended up not coming which was frustrating.  I wish people would just do what they tell us they would!  But those were our main investigators that we were teachign so the next little while will be spent doing a lot of finding and building up our teaching pool again. 
The weather today is amazing!  It is 80 outside and sunny.  I am very excited for the summer here.  People are more happy when it is sunny and warm outside and more willing to talk!  We don't have too many exciting plans for today, probably just playing some basketball or volleyball.  I have heard there are some good hikes and stuff around here that I want to get to someday but we haven't done it yet. 
So funny story, we had the member who owns the house we live in, Brother Dennis, bring up a trampoline on Saturday and set it up in front of the house.  So we now have a ping pong table and a Tramp at our house!  Its awesome!  I have only jumped on it once so far, it felt weird because I haven't done that it so long.  So I think I will be calling sometime after 2 your time because we get out of church at 1.  We still need to find a member who is willing to let us use their phone.  But I am looking forward to it!
Love you all very much and talk to you next week!

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment