Monday, September 24, 2012

Email from Sister Johnson in Roseburg (Sept. 4)



Oh my goodness..I have tears in my eyes that I get to be included in the Erickson Family letter!!!   I LOVE ELDER ERICKSON (It is ok, I can love him, I am an old lady).  I can't wait until I can legally hug him.  Not sure who all I am writing to, but hopefully Mom Erickson is included.  I do have her email address and plan to write a personal letter to her about her outstanding son.  We so miss him in Roseburg.  It just isn't the same without him.  Although the other elders are fine young men.  So happy you got to see the Wicks family.  They are the best aren't they???  

Ro (husband Roland) and I just returned from the Middle East.  Our daughter's husband is with the State Department and they have been on an assignment in Amman, Jordan for the summer.  So we took off and bummed around Lebanon (not Oregon) Dubai, Qatar and Muscat, Oman before we ended up in Amman.  The two best parts were going to Petra (gasp....amazing) and to Church at the little LDS Branch in Amman.   A great spirit there.  Loved it.   While we were traveling I initiated my new Kindle Fire with the biography of President Monson....TO THE RESCUE.   Loved it....absolutely loved it.  I hope everyone will read it.   

Elder E. knows that Ro and I are preparing to serve a mission.  Elder E. was a perfect example of what kind of missionary I want to be.   We won't be able to go for a year or so, but I have to say, if he decided to retire earlier I could have my bags packed in about 15 minutes.  I am on fire!  

It is good to be back home in Oregon now, the sun is shining and the sky is blue.  I love hiking and all the great produce this season brings. 

Love to all, especially those who have contributed to helping Elder Erickson be the great example he is to so many.  And especially especially to my Elder Erickson who I miss so much.   

PS can I stay on your email list?  I promise to behave myself!  :-)

Gloria Johnson
Roseburg, Oregon...

No comments:

Post a Comment