Monday, September 24, 2012

Email: July 23, 2012



I exhort you that ye will pay heed to the special message I shall share unto you.....
Just kidding..
Wellllll another week has gone by.  I hate how fast time goes by, I wish I could slow it down.  I am going to invent a machine that does that.  Anyway, it was a pretty good week.  We did a good amount of tracting and met with a lot of less active members that the ward wanted us to visit.  We had 12 lessons with them this week.  We challenged a few of them to get their lives in oreder and to make a goal to go to the temple.  Two of them are really thinking about it and working on it which is awesome! 
 
It wasnt the most eventful week other than that.  Elder Vande Merwe almost got hit by a car twice...  It was pretty scary but both times it was because he wasn't paying attention!  We are working hard to find some new investigators because it seems the ones we have are very flakey and they fizzle away after the first lesson.  I wish that they would just understand that they need this in their lives.  I have been making changes in my life now.  For about a month I would say, I kind of got a little arogant without even realizing it and felt like it was us that was convincing the people.  I have been reflecting and making changes so that I never let that happen again.  It's not us who convinces, the spirit is the one who testifies to their hearts and makes the difference.  I am getting so much better at making sure we are relying on the spirit WAY more. 
 
We had a good challenge from P. Young on tuesday at our district leader training meeting.  He challenged everyone in the mission to have a 30 minute prayer.  Taking the first 15 minutes to pray and the last 15 minutes to listen to the spirit and recieve revelation.  It was a very cool experience.  The question I had going into it was how can I be a better missionary.  The answer I recieved was to follow the examples of those around me and those who came before me.  So I want to tell all of you how grateful for your example to me and I am going to be better at following that example and be humble.  Thank you Dad and Mckay for serving full time missions before me and giving me that example. 
 
I found a really cool scripture that I like a lot the past week. 
2 Nephi 7:7  "For the Lord God will help me, therefore shall I not be confounded. Therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed."
We should never be ashamed of who we are and what we believe.  We have the truth and no one can take that from us.  Well I love you all.  Have a good week! 

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment