Monday, September 24, 2012

Email: June 12, 2012


Dear Family,

Sorry I did not get an email off yesterday, On our conference call last week with all the leaders in the mission President Young wanted us all to go up and spend the day with him in Eugene.  So I was up there from 930 to 3.  It was a long day and I wasn't able to get any of the P day stuff done so he said that we could use part of our day today to get all of the stuff we need to done.  It was a very good meeting with him though.  The only thing that kind of bothers me is that he is all over the place and presents a new idea every week and says that if we do this one thing that we will lift the mission and then next week like disregards it and goes onto something else.  It's very frustrating.  But I am striving to do the best I can with what he tells us to do! 
 
We started our meeting at the church in Eugene and talked about some new things that will help the mission.  He then talked about standing in Holy Places and we took off our shoes and went into the baptismal font room and actually walked through the font and looked at the prayer.  We then all sat in the room and had a testimony meeting where everyone that was there bore very strong testimony.  It was one of the most incredible experiences of my life.  We then all went up to this place called Spencers Butte.  We hiked a little trail that was only like half a mile long and met at the top.   We talked a little more and signed a flag that said "Exact Obedience"  and commited ourselves to be exactly obedient. 
 
Anyway so thats why I didn't get to email and im doing it now!  So with the bike it is totally okay.  Two days after I crashed Betsy we did some service for one of the members and they were cleaning out a storage unit and they were going to give this bike to salvation army and they asked if I wanted it so I took it!  It is a very cool looking bike.  It is a road bike and is very fast!  Elder Vande Merwe has a hard time keeping up with me now ha ha.  It is red and yellow and sticks out like a sore thumb.  But other than that we had kind of a slow week.  We did find a bunch of new people to teach and had a few good lessons which was pretty cool.  We found this one lady named cindy that I feel is going to be golden.  She just moved up here from California to get away from her old life and be better.  She had been looking for a church to start going to because she feels like she needs god in her life.  She has a teenage daughter I think she said and she is living with family right now just looking for a job.  I am very excited for it!  We also have a good lesson planned for tonight with a guy that lives next door to a less active member that we have been working with.  He started talking to us as we were getting on our bikes to leave and we set up an appointment to see him again tonight.  It was awesome! 
 
My little tree is gone?!  I am so upset about that now.  I was pretty excited to see how big that thing was going to be when I got home.  Those trees are not very sturdy.  It seems like almost all of them now are just falling over!  Maybe you should pick a different type of tree to use!  How are Wilson and Pepper?  Do they get along now?  Can someone send me some pictures?  Also I will send this sd card home if you will send the other one back.  I love you all very much, have a great week! 

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment