Monday, September 24, 2012

Email: July 9, 2012


Whats up Family!

This past weekend was probably the greatest I will ever have in my entire mission I wont lie.  After all the bumps in the road, Katie Sullivan is now a member of Christ's church.  It was INCREDIBLE!  Zack was able to be the one who did the baptism which was sweet!  He did so well and they only had to do it twice ha ha.  She asked me to be in the font as well just to make sure that she didn't drown.  So I got in a jump suit and went it!  That reminds me, I forgot my whites at home and I keep forgetting to ask if you will send them to me.  They are in my temple bag and I would like the pants and tie and belt.  Please!  I don't like wearing those jump suits, they aren't very comfortable and I look like the michelin man.  Brother Dennis (the guy that owns the house we live in) took a picture of the baptism, which I don't think you're supposed to do, and sent it to my email so if you want to see it, let me know! 
Her friend Natalie, whom I am currently writing, came from Idaho to come to the baptism and then we all went out to dinner at this place that she loves.  It was okay food but I have definitely had better! 
 
Other than that we had a cool lesson with this lady named Shirley on friday and then a chapel tour with her on saturday but she didn't come to church!  I am just lost at what to do to get people to church now.  We invite and take tours and talk about the sacrament and all that good stuff and it seems like they just don't feel the spirit or something because they don't come!  Any Ideas? 
 
We went to Eugene for a speacialized training this week on tuesday which was super cool.  I got a lot out of it and I feel that it was a learning experience for Elder Vande Merwe.  We talked about how obedience and Baptism go hand in hand and what we can do better at being obedient.  It hit me because first I have the responsibility to be a good example for my trainee and also I have to be the one that the distict looks to and if I am not then I am not living up to the lords expectations of me. 
Pday was pretty good.  We had a bbq with the Burnham family in the ward.  They are super cool.  Then we had the opportunity to go and help over at the V.A. (veterans association) with the ward.  They put up flags all over with plaques on the poles that have the names of fallen soldiers.  It was a very cool experience and I am grateful that I got to be a part of it.  I got a flag this week also and put it in the house.  I am being very patriotic lately, I am just grateful to be here right now in this country! 
 
Well I love you all very much.  I pray for you all, all the time! 

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment