Monday, September 24, 2012

Email: August 13, 2012

Dear Family,


It sounds like it should be a fun week for everyone!  Six flags is always fun.  I hope it all goes well and everyone gets to where they are going safely.  I will be praying for it!  Remind Melinda and the rest to say a pray before they head out and make sure they are being good and the lord will protect them!  

Well onto our week here.  It was super jam packed.  There is a lot of work going on up here in Albany.  I am loving this area and district and zone already.  There are a few of the elders that I have got to know so far up here and that is a lot of fun.  We get together with our district and one other 3 mornings a week to play some sports.  We all just meet at the stake center and we play basketball or dodgeball so its a lot of fun.  I think I told you last time, my companions name is Elder Worsencroft.  He is awesome.  He is actually a convert to the church and was only baptized about 18 months ago.  He has been in the mission field for 6 months.  He is a football player and actually played down at snow college for a while.  He is from South Carolina but moved to Utah when he was 16ish I think.  He has a very cool conversion story that i hope he will be able to share with you guys someday.  I am excited because he is a health nut so he is going to get me into shape and I am going to lose some weight!  Surprisingly I actually gained weight in Roseburg even though we were full bike.  The members fed us so much that it was hard to lose it.  I guess it was a blessing though.  

We have a really small ward here but as I said before we also cover a YSA branch which is pretty cool.  We have a few investigators coming to church and our sports night that we have on Fridays and they also do FHE on Mondays.  I am pretty excited for it, they are pretty good at fellowshipping and coming with us to lessons.  We had a good week for lessons.  We have 2 with a date right now and they are both for this month.  One for the 25th and the other the 31st.  Grant who is awesome, he is in his 60s and has epilepsy.  He just had surgery to make it so that he doesn't have the seizures any more.  It is called a vagas nerve stimulator and they put this magnet in him that is connected to his vagas nerve and when he feels one coming on he has another magnet that he puts on the one in his chest and it supposedly stops it all together.  The other is a 12 year old kid who is the son of a recent convert.  He is doing awesome.  Tuesday night he taught us a lesson that he compared the gospel to the game Zelda.  It went really well.  He had put a lot of thought into it. 

We have a cool activity tonight for FHE, we are going shotgun shooting!  Yeah!  ha ha just playing because obviously I can't shoot a gun, but seriously.  We are going to be the ones throwing the clay pigeons.  We have two investigators coming with us.  Ones name is mason, we had a lesson with him this past week and we are starting the stop smoking workshop tomorrow with him.  There are a lot of people around here who smoke.  It is ridiculous.  We had one investigator drop her date this week because she doesn't feel the desire or need to stop smoking right now.  She says "I'm still young and in good health, why stop now?"  I was dumbfounded.  How can anyone really believe that?  We are thinking now that she might be less accountable, kinda like Mckay....  ha ha.  

Oh crazy news, this week is going to be so sick!  I don't know if I told you before but we have a seventy coming on Wednesday for our zone conference, and then, we also have Elder Neil L. Anderson coming and doing a mission conference on Saturday.  I am so stoked!  It's almost as good as General Conference but not quite, but still its going to be sweet.  We are definitely going to have some spiritual upliftment (don't know if thats a word in real life).  I will let you all know how that goes next week.   But anyway I love you all very much, I sent a little note home with the address up here.  We live in the basement of a members business and the ceilings are so low!  So... Send me some letters!  Mother, yes I did get the package, thank you so much!  I am so grateful to have a mother and father who do so much for me.  I am trying really hard to be frugal and not need anything else.  I'm doing much better at it!  Love you!



Love your favorite missionary,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment