Monday, September 24, 2012

Email: June 18, 2012


Hola Family!
 
How are things? I am doing awesome!  We had a pretty good week.  Elder Mildenhall came back for a visit with his family this weekend, it was a lot of fun to see him.  We went out to lunch with him and his fam and the Wicks.  He came to church and there were actually a few people at church for the first time on sunday.  It wasn't anyone that we had invited but they were there for the first time!  We dropped a few people this week that weren't progressing and making any effort to keep the commitments that they said that they would.  We are trying to weed out those people and start fresh with people who want to listen!  We are trying to figure out how to get the ward more involved and get people motivated.  It is very difficult. 
 
Matthew I am sorry that I sent you a birthday card twice ha ha.  I guess I am going crazy.  I didn't write it down so I completely forgot if I did it.  I felt horrible that I hadn't sent one yet so hopefully you don't get another one from me soon! 
 
Zack got the priesthood this week and Katies baptism is getting closer!  She gets baptized on the 7th of July.  I am super excited for her.  She is so ready for the gospel.  She and zack read scriptures together everyday and she has been getting more familiar with the prophets and all the goes with the church.  We gave her a bunch of ensigns to read and she has been soaking those up.  I love seeing the gospel change lives! 
Elder Vande Merwe is doing great.  He is doing his best to learn as fast as he can.  I am trying to get him to open up more and talk about things when he has a problem and solving it rather than just burrying it.  It is going well.  We don't agree on everything but I have learned to talk things out so much more than I ever have.  It solves problems so much faster than running away from things. 
We also had a big break through with Victor this week.  We had an awesome lesson about the Priesthood with him and how much that would bless his life and the life of his family and he told us that it was something that he wanted to work towards getting.  Once he grabs hold he is going to be in it for life.  He is an awesome guy and loves God and doesn't want to make any decision that would upset him.  He reads his bible every night and we sat down and read some from the book of mormon with him and he liked it and said that he wants us to do that with him everytime we go over and see him. 
Well I love you all very much and hope life is goin good, remember that we only get one chance at this life!  And the rest of eternity to live with the consequences. 

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment