Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Email: March 5, 2012

Whats up family?
This week wasn't the greatest.  I got a cold from who knows where and
it wasn't just a little one.  I was hacking up stuff all week, it was
not fun at all!  I am finally getting over it.  It's hard to not get
sick when you are on a bike all day and you don't have a ton of time
to rest.  I feel like my immune system doesn't have time to
recooperate ever.  We had one morning that I felt so gross that I just
slept and then we went out in the afternoon but other than that we
just kept working and I feel that we saw some awesome things because
of it.
We got a call on Friday afternoon from the mission office giving us an
awesome referral.  It was from a guy up in Washington who had been
working with a guy and had been bringing him to church and talking
about it with him.  He was moving to Roseburg on Saturday into our
area and he wanted us to be there to help him move in.  We also got a
call from the guy in Washington and he just gave us a little
background on the guy and what we should expect and try to do with
him.  So we went and helped him move on Saturday and it went really
well.  His name is Richard Chan.  He is super friendly and is taking
us to dinner on Friday to talk more about the church and all that good
stuff.  We invited him to church but he had to take the U-haul truck
back up to where he was living and get his car so he wasn't able to
make it.  We are having a ward party this weekend and we also invited
him to that and church next Sunday as well.  He said that he would be
there.
We also met with a guy named Charlie who is dating one of the members
in the other wards.  We talked for a while and then asked him if he
would be interested in learning more about the church and in trying it
out and he said he would so we have an appointment with him tomorrow
in the afternoon I believe that should be pretty awesome.  We had to
change Abby's baptism to this Saturday instead of Tuesday because none
of the ward was going to be able to make it that night and we want a
good amount of people to be there so she will feel more welcomed.  She
was at church yesterday which was awesome and the bishop introduced
himself and talked with her a bit, it was very good for her.  We
already had the interview so everything is good to go with that.  We
also were able to get back into contact with a part member family I
think I told you about.  It's a single mom with a 9 year old who told
us that he wanted to be baptized.  We haven't been able to get a hold
of them for a while but we did the other night as we were riding home
and set up an appointment for tonight and we are hopefully going to
set a specific date for that.  All in all things are going pretty
well.  I feel like I am finally starting to focus on my purpose as a
missionary and not worry about other things or myself so much.  It
feels good.
How's life going for everyone?  I hear it finally snowed pretty good,
it is very weird to have a winter without snow.  It is already march
and I have seen snow once and it didn't stick so it doesn't count.  It
feels like it is spring here already.  This past week it was sunny and
got up into the 60's it was crazy.  It is very pretty here though.  It
is very hilly and has sooo many trees.  I love it.  Well love you all
very much.  Thank you for all that you do for me.
 
Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment