Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Email: April 16, 2012

Dear Family!  
 
We had another great week this week.  It only rained one day and the rest we had dry and sunny weather!  I love it!  It's crazy though, it could be sunny all day and then it will just randomly start raining so I still have to carry around all of my rain gear just in case. 
I did hear that Sister Littlejohn gave you a call ha ha.  We have been working with her and her daughter since I got here.  They have been inactive for a long time and started coming back to church after I got here.  They are awesome.  Sina, her daughter still has trouble smoking but we are trying to help her get over that.  They are one of my favorite families.  She just loves to feed us and have us over and she just recently had an interview with the Bishop and she is getting a temple recommend so she can go back to the temple!!  It is so crazy to see how much they have changed just since I got here.  The spirit and the gospel can change people so fast. 
We set another baptism date this past week with Zack.  He was the one who just walked in off the street.  He is so excited about the gospel.  He wanted to be baptized this coming Saturday but we have Stake Conference and there are meetings all day that day so we are going to do it next weekend.  We taught him 3 of the lessons last week and he has just soaked it all up.  He came into our gospel essentials class yesterday and was so involved and was asking questions and making comments, I love it!  It doesn't look like Elder Mildenhall will be able to baptize Vicki this week because the member that has been bringing her has his heart set on it so we will just have him baptize Zack next week.  So either way we are going to have him in the water before he leaves! 
It's crazy how much my faith is growing and how often my prayers are answered.  If we are doing what the Lord wants us to, he is so willing to do what he can for us.  We found some good new investigators this week and had some good lessons with some of our other investigators.  We have been striving to get them to church because you can feel the spirit there so strong.  When they come, they usually end up wanting to continue because of the fellowship and spirit.  I read through the experience of Alma the younger this past week with someone we were having a lesson with and it really hit me how important faith is.  He was visited by an angel because of the faith that his father had that he would be changed.  There are so many examples of faith in the Scriptures.  Ether chapter 12 is now my new favorite chapter, I love it.
Zions was pretty fun huh?  I can't believe that I have lived all my life in Utah and I have never been there!  I would definitely like to go sometime in the future.  I am excited for you all to come out here when I'm done.  It is so pretty here when it's not raining.  It's so green.  Yesterday morning when we were riding down our hill to go to church the sun was shining and everything was just so beautiful!   It makes everything seem to go better when the sun is out.  Well anyway, it was good to hear from some of you this week.  I hope all is well and everyone is happy and healthy.  You are all in my prayers all the time.   I am grateful to have been born into our family.  Love you all!
 
Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment