Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Email: April 2, 2012

Hello family!

I realized that last week I put the wrong week on there so week 24 is
the real one.  It is the 4 transfer mark and I burned a tie today!  It
was pretty funny and it smelled really bad ha ha.  So Elder Ludlow
leaves today to go to Eugene and serve there.  My new companion's name
is Elder Mildenhall.  He only has six weeks left in his mission.  He
was in the other district that came out with us when I came out the
first time.  I also got a call from the assistants with a challenge
for the both of us this transfer.  Elder Mildenhall has not been in
the water to baptize someone his whole mission so I was challenged to
make that happen this next six weeks.  It is going to be a tough one
and I would really appreciate the prayers.  I know that it will not be
because of anything that we do but it will be the Spirit that will be
the one changing them.  I am a little nervous that it won't happen but
someone told me the other day that fear is the absence of faith so I
am trying really hard to have the faith that we will be able to make
this happen.
We set a baptism date with one investigator his name is Richard Chan.
He is a referral we got and have been teaching.  He watched conference
but we have not talked to him since then so we are going to do that
this week and see how he felt while doing so.
Conference was awesome!  I loved it.  Elder Bednar's talk in the
Priesthood session was my favorite by far.  I also like Elder
Uchtdorf's talk as well it was really good.  Just stop it!!  Elder
Anderson's talk on Sunday afternoon was also really amazing, ah I loved
them all!  I really didn't want it to end when it did on Sunday.  I
love hearing from our leaders the inspiration that they have received
from the Lord.   I am going to focus more on writing down the
promptings that I receive on a daily basis.  I am still not very good
at writing in my journal but I am striving to be better at that.
Sorry this isn't the longest email, and I won't be able to write back
to everyone individually.  Today we didn't have a lot of time.  Elder
Mildenhall got here at 12:30 and Elder Ludlow leaves in about 2 hours
so we are trying to get everything done in time!  He kind of
procrastinated his packing and now is paying for it.
How is everyone doing on making their mormon.org profiles?
We got some Easter baskets from a family in the ward this week that
were awesome!  They are such a cool family.  The wicks family, I will
definitely keep in touch with them after I leave.  They have 3 girls
that are 11, 9 and 5.  They are hilarious!  We went and had a nerf
fight once when we went over for dinner.  They are awesome at helping
us with lessons and are always willing to open their home if we need
to teach someone there.  I love them.  We are actually going to their
house for dinner again tonight!  Anyway, thank you for all the prayers
and love and support that you give me!  Hope your Easter goes well!
Love you guys!!
 
Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment