Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Email: March 12, 2012

Dear Family!

How is everyone?  This past week was pretty awesome!  The weather at
the first of the week was pretty rainy and cold but it warmed up
really quickly and there were a few days where it got up into the 60's
and 70's.  Spring is already coming around.  We have been told that
this is a way weird winter and that the rain may end up coming way late
and we'll have a super long rainy season.  I would rather not have that
happen.  I have a feeling that I am going to be in this area for a
good amount of time.  I am pretty sure Elder Ludlow is leaving after
this transfer and I should be here with another comp for at least
another 3 months after that.  I am really excited for the summer
months though.  I have heard that it is so pretty here.  It already is
but the clouds and overcast make it kinda dreary.
Anyway, we had Abby's baptism on Saturday!  It was awesome.  I was
thinking back on it and it took a while to get her here but it went so
smoothly when the day finally came.  I have such a strong testimony of
going out and working hard and when we do that the Lord just puts
people in our path.  I can't remember if I told you but we actually
found her the first day that I was here in the Newton Creek area.  We
had a lot of the lesson's with her in member's homes and so there was
a good amount of those people who were at her baptism.  She asked me
if I would be the one to baptize her.  It was a very cool experience.
I have never had that opportunity.  She asked one of the members that
we had had a lesson with if he would do the confirmation which went
really well on Sunday.  The first Sunday that she came to church she
actually found a few people that she already knew from before and so
she already had friends there.  I really feel that the Spirit guided
us to her that day and because we acted on the prompting, we were able
to help someone come unto Christ.  I Love this work!!
We had Richard take us out to dinner this week and we got to talk to
him about the gospel for a good hour and a half.  He was the referral
we got from his friend up in Washington.  He knows a good amount about
the church already and is interested in coming to church and learning
more.  We were given some referrals by one of the member's last Sunday
night that we tried to contact this week.  Most of them didn't work
out but one was a less active family that has two kids that are 19 and
21.  We went by to see them and they are awesome!  They were super
welcoming and they set up a time for us to come by and have dinner
with them.  The mother is going to start coming back to church, not in
our ward but in one of the other wards because her mom goes there and
needs some help getting around.  The father on the other hand is going
to be a hard one.  He said that the reason he doesn't go is that
members don't really live what they believe.  We tried to explain that
people have agency and that no one is perfect but he is pretty
stubborn.  It's pretty frustrating that people let their own pride get
in the way of their salvation.  They need to just get over it!  There
is another part member family that we are working with where the wife
who is the member, doesn't come because she thinks people are too
fake.  It's so ridiculous!  But we can only encourage and try to help.
But other than that things are going well.
We got Marcus to come and play basketball Wednesday night with us and
he had a lot of fun.  There was a good amount of people there but not
too many.  It was sweet.  Well I hope all is well back in good old Lehi,
hope you are taking advantage of having Buffalo Wild Wings in your
city!  Someone told me that they have one up in Corvalis so I am
hoping that someday I get to serve up there so I can eat there!!  I
love you all and have a good week.

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment