Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Email: April 23, 2012

Dear Family,
 
This is your dear john letter.  I just don't feel its going to work out anymore and I think we should stop writing.... ha ha Just kidding!  How are things?!  I hear someone had a birthday yesterday!  The big 39 again I think?  Happy Birthday Mom!  Maybe next year you might get to be 40, they have held you back from that in for a while but just keep working hard and I know you'll get there!! 
So things here are going great!  The weather this past week was awesome!  It got up into the mid 80's almost everyday.  I did a lot of sweating the first part of the week but now my body is getting used to the heat again.  It is a lot more humid than I thought it would be.  There was one day that we walked outside and it reminded me of when we were down in Texas picking up Mckay.  Now I am beginning to understand what you went through down there!  But I love it.  People are outside more and we get to talk to more of them it's awesome.  My bike is working great for the most part.  I kind of regret not buying a new one just because of how much of a hassle Betsy has been but it's okay.  I have made a goal that I am going to keep this bike with me for the rest of my life!  I will do whatever it takes to keep her running.  I am so good at fixing it up and tuning it and all that good stuff now.  I got my first flat this week which kind of sucked.  It was on a day that we were super stressed on time and we needed to be at dinner right on time because the baptism was right afterwards and we came out of an appointment and I had a flat.  So we had to call our dinner to give us a ride.  I consider myself pretty lucky that that is the first time that I have had one so far. 
We had a great baptism this week for Vicki Graham.  It went really well.  It was really hectic to put together the program and get it all printed out and then set everything up but I am getting better at it so its okay.  We didn't have a chance to confirm her yet because yesterday was Stake Conference for us so we are waiting until this upcoming Sunday to do it.  We are hopefully going to have Zack's baptism this weekend but I am not 100% sure yet, It might have to be pushed by to next weekend but that's okay because he is for sure going to get baptized and Elder Mildenhall is going to be the one to do it.  We went and met his mom for the first time this past week and she is a super awesome lady.  She is recovering from a blood disease and is on bed rest and is going through physical therapy but she is doing better.  We are going to start teaching her as well but it will be a while before she can come to church and get baptized. 
We had a good week with finding also and found a bunch of awesome new investigators.  We met with this kid named Jonathan whose mom is a member down in Myrtle Creek and so he knew about the church but wasn't really interested until now.  We went and taught the Restoration to him and he said that it all made perfect sense and he had always wondered why there were so many churches out there.  We set up another appointment with him for Tuesday so things are going well with that.  He was willing to come to church but decided that he didn't want to come for Stake Conference for his first time but he will be at church next week. 
We had a lesson with this girl that we thought was going to be a golden investigator but she ended up just wanting to try and tell us how wrong we are for believing what we believe.  We gave her some scriptures that support what we teach and eventually turned the lesson around and invited her to find out for herself through prayer and study and we are going to go back one more time and see if she was actually willing to do that but if not we aren't going back.  It's not worth our time.  It's hard to see the influence Satan has on people and how subtle it really is.   All he has to do is just change the doctrine around a bit and then they get so far off.  Its sad. 
Well how is everyone?  Thanks for the pictures Meg, those little girls are growing up so fast!  It looks like the birthday party was pretty fun.  You can tell them that I will be there for their 3rd birthday!  ha ha, have you taught them to say my name yet?!  Well love you all very much.  Remember to be an example of the believers in word and in deed everywhere you go.  People are watching, even if you think they aren't. 
 
Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment