Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Email...May 25, 2010

Well Hello Family!

Last week just flew by!! I can't believe it has been almost two weeks.
I leave next Tuesday at 11:30, and you're not supposed to come see me off.
But anyway, it has been a really good week. I have learned a lot. We are getting so
much better at teaching. The main focus has been teaching the investigator and not a
lesson. We are supposed to find out the needs of the investigator and teach to that instead
of just teaching them a lesson. It is so much more effective that way.
I can't wait to get out there and try it! I did get the packages, thank you very much!
And I sent a few letters home this week so you will get them soon. I don't know how it
is all going to work next week because we get there Tuesday, so I don't know if I will
be able to email. But keep the letters coming. It is really nice to get them. I did get a dear elder
from Sister Curl. So if you would tell her thank you for that and I will try to write her back
as soon as I get a chance. Tell Bjorn to write me a letter! It's weird how the days seem to take
so long while you are here but at the same time they go so fast. I heard someone say the other
day, the weeks go by like days and the days go by like weeks and it is so true. We have a devotional tonight,
our last one before we leave so I hope we get an Apostle. That would be
awesome! So on Sunday night after the devotional we got to watch The Testaments. It was so
weird watching a movie for enjoyment! I think even if I came home right now, it would
be weird watching TV again. So is 24 over yet? I don't remember when it ends. How about
Biggest Loser? And I'm interested in hearing about the NBA Finals and what's going on
with that. So if someone would let me know that would be great! We get to go to the temple
again today, I'm excited! It might be our last opportunity for a long time so I am going
to cherish it! I have taken a lot of pictures so I will send home the memory card soon now that
I have the other one. Oh by the way, thank you for all the presents! And thank you Amy for
that package also! I'm working on a letter right now. I will send it to you soon! It's going to
be tough to leave. I have come to love this place and all the time I get to study the Gospel.
I'm going to miss all the people too. I love our district. We have some awesome Elders in it.
And our zone, and our whole building. Ha ha. I have come to love them and only 4 other guys
from all of our zone and building are going to Oregon so I don't even know if I will see a lot
of these people again. One of the districts left yesterday morning and that was really hard.
It has been weird without them already. They went to Santa Rosa California. I met someone
the other day who was going to Fresno, Spanish speaking I think. Did Eileen and Jeff move
into their house yet? They need to write me a letter! Tell Traci and Troy to write me one soon
too!! And Matthew, you're the only one I haven't heard from yet. But congratulations on
becoming a Teacher. Just remember to take your responsibilities seriously. And Happy
Birthday! I sent you a letter last week. I hope you got it in time bit I doubt it. I'm sending a
letter to the house that's for Mckay because I don't have his address so will you just forward
it on to him for me? That would be much appreciated! Oh dad they said they were going to
send one more phone bill for the little bit of May that I used it, so that should come in the
mail next month I think. Sorry I forgot to tell you about that. Well my 30 minutes is about up,
but I love you all. Remember who you are and who you stand for. Be examples of Christ
at all times.

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment