Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Email...May 18, 2010

Dear Family,
How is everyone? Sorry I didn't email sooner, they didn't say anything about us getting to do it that first night. It has been a crazy week, I can't believe it has already been almost a week. It feels like I have already changed so much. The first couple days were pretty overwhelming because it was just so much information to process and it felt like I would never get it. But classes are going good now. We actually have a lot of time where it is just us. Its called missionary directed time, its where we choose what we do. It's like personal and companionship study. I like my companion and district and zone a lot. They are all really good guys. Half of our district is going to Phoenix and the other half is all Eugene, its five and five. All I can say is that I'm glad that I don't have to learn a language. Being in here for twelve weeks would be crazy. I feel like I am ready to just go now. I just want to get out and start teaching. We do a lot of teaching exercises here. We had one last night that was amazing. We were just teaching one of the companionships, who was pretending to be an investigator. But the spirit was so strong we all almost started crying. It is an amazing feeling to have the spirit with you all the time and learn to teach by it. Its so different than I thought it was going to be here. Sounds like everyone is keeping busy. You all need to keep writing me letters! A package would be nice too ;) But its a very good feeling when you go in and get the mail and there is a letter there for you. So thank you Megan and grandma and dad and mom. Those are the only letters I have gotten so far. It really is crazy how much has gone on here in such a short amount of time. The second night was the hardest, but it has just been getting better everyday so don't worry about me. So apparently Elder Holland was here the night before I got here and gave an amazing fireside. I was pretty bummed. We have firesides every Tuesday night on our p day though so maybe I will get to see an apostle while I'm here. We just got out of lunch and are heading over to the temple in a little while so that will be good. Everyday just seems like it is going faster and faster. I only have 14 days til we leave for Oregon. The food here is great. Mckay you were right about the cordon bleu, its amazing, we had that for lunch on Sunday. Mom I could use a few more pairs of socks, one of the pairs got a hole in it the first time I wore it. I have a ton of pictures so when you send me that other sd card I will send the other one back to you guys. This really is an amazing experience and I am glad I am here. I am so thankful for the example you have set for me. Oh I forgot to tell you my companion is our district leader so that is pretty cool. But I am senior companion somehow. And Mckay if you read this I could really use that backpack it would be a great blessing. That's crazy about Johnny tell him I said congratulations! And I'm really excited to hear where Randy is going. I got some envelopes and a few stamps here but I could use some more. Well it was good to hear from those who wrote, I did get that letter mom thank you very much. Well I love you all very much.
Love, Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment