Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Email: January 9, 2012

Hello Family!

Long time no talk! Sorry I did not get an email off last week. Saturday was a crazy day. We had to be in the apartment by six so we had to get a lot done during the day before that. So we only had time to email President our weekly letter. I know I said thank you on the phone for everything I got for Christmas but thank you again. It was awesome. I love the watch. The other one I had decided to die on me the day after I got it so it was perfect timing. The past few weeks have flown by. We got transfer calls on Saturday night and we totally expected to hear the Elder Snyder was being transferred somewhere but nope, I am being transferred to Roseburg and I leave Prineville tomorrow afternoon. I have mixed emotions about it. I thought I would be happy when I got to leave Prineville but I am not. I feel like I didn't have enough time here to accomplish what I wanted to. It has taught me some good life lessons about wasting time. I have thought back now and I realized how much time I really wasted in my life so far. Way too much. I am 21 years old and I don't really have anything to show for it. It has made me re-evaluate myself and what I need to do better in the future so that does not happen again. I am going to use this transfer to start that. I want to do better and work harder.
Prineville is definitely somewhere I want to show everyone around if you guys pick me up at the end of the mission. There are some incredible people here and I want you all to meet some of them. I am so grateful for the time I get be back out here. I know it hasn't been very long yet but I have learned so much already. It is incredible how much time there really is in a day and how much you can accomplish. So much happens every day now that it feels like several and it all gets so mixed together and it makes it feel like you have been out longer because of what you have done.
So I hear there is a new addition to the Erickson family huh? Have you given her a name yet? I am probably going to need to see some pictures soon. She sound like she is pretty cute though. How old is she? Are there going to be little Wilson babies around anytime soon? It will be interesting to see what color they come out when it does happen. I also heard you didn't get to go up to the cabin, that's no fun. It sounded like it was going to be a fun trip. There is always next year or the year after. And Buffalo Wild Wings opens this weekend doesn't it? I was thinking about it a few days ago, Utah is not even going to look the same at all when I get home. Everything is already different!! I am just excited for you guys to see Oregon someday. It is amazing out here. I love it. I love you all very much and I will let you know how the transfer goes next week!

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment