Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Email: December 19, 2011

Hello Family!

How is everyone? This week has been pretty good. We found a new family that we are going to start teaching! We were out tracting and we actually found him at one of his friends houses. If we had not found him there we probably would not have ever talked to him. He lives way out of town and we don't go out there often because of miles restrictions. He had talked to missionaries in the past and they had got frustrated with a question he asked and couldn't answer and so they left and he hasn't been visited since then. He knows a lot about a lot of different religions. He had been going for years to different churches but always found something that they taught or did that he didn't like. We talked to him for about an hour the first time we met and then went up to his house last night and taught him and his wife and three children the restoration. It went really well and we are really excited for them. It should be awesome. So I sent some letters to you guys for Christmas so when you get them in the mail this week don't open them. Stick them in the tree and you can open them Christmas morning, or Christmas Eve if you would like.
We don't really have much planned for Christmas. We are going to Brother and Sister Johnson's for dinner sometime and then just calling you guys. I am thinking it will just be in the after noon sometime. When is your church this week? Is Sacrament just at 1 still? We have ours at ten and then we are free the rest of the day. Is everyone going together? Are Megan and Jeff coming in the morning or doing stuff at their house first and coming over later? Mckay doesn't really have a life so I know he will be there all day ha ha. Just kidding, I am really excited to talk to all of you and hear how things are going. I don't have a time limit really so I don't really have to worry about that. I don't have much else to say. We went and played basketball in Redmond today and it was pretty fun. I am getting pretty good so Matthew and Mckay better watch out. When I get back I will be ready to go pro basically. We tracted into this awesome lady the other day also. She is not interested in hearing about the Gospel but she loves Missionaries and wants to feed us and she gives us cookies everytime we go over and she is a huge basketball fan. I got all the updates on whats going on from her it was pretty funny. We are hoping over time that she will want to hear about the restoration even if it's later on in life after we are home. I anticipate keeping in touch with her because she is awesome. Anyway, I love you all very much and I will talk to you in a few days!

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment