Thursday, January 26, 2012

Email: January 23, 2012

Dear Family,

I hope everything is okay, I didn't hear from any of you this week. I
don't know whether I should be worried or not. But anyway. This week
was a pretty good one. We had a lesson with a new investigator that
we found last week that is pretty solid. We found her the first week
that I was here and her name is Abby Gillespie. She is a single lady
that works at the VA as a nurse I think. We had one of the members
come over with us and we taught the first lesson with him. It went
really well. The spirit was there and she really understands the need
for prophets and and a restoration. We had a return appointment with
her on Saturday but she was called into work so she left us a note on
her door that told us and when to come back. We have another
appointment with her this week and we are going to set a baptismal
date with her. I am really excited for her and its going to be
awesome. Elder Ludlow is better than Elder Snyder but he gets really
distracted easily and gets down and doesn't seem like he wants to be on
a mission. President Young told me a little about that before I came
over here so I was prepared but I don't know what to do to help. I
have been trying really hard to be upbeat and work hard and be an
example but it doesn't seem to be helping anything. Anyway I will
keep trying and working hard. That's really all I can do. I kinda like
having a full bike area. It is making my legs really strong. We have
a lot of other people that we are working with but they just don't
keep their commitments its very frustrating. I wish people would just
do what they say they are going to!! My bike is still having a few
issues but I am working on it and there is a guy in the ward who has
helped a lot. The crankshaft started coming loose so he ordered a new
one for me online that I am going to pay him back for at the beginning
of next month. Anyway hope everything is going well with you guys,
Love you all very much.

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment