Monday, November 21, 2011

Email: November 14, 2011

Hello Familia!
Yeah I speak Spanish now, (I wish!). I decided today that I want to learn how to speak Spanish. So I might start doing that soon. Maybe. Anyway I am eating this delicious burrito right now whilst I am writing this email. We found this awesome little Mexican place here in town today. It's amazing.
Well this week has been kind of a hard one. We had soo many appointments fall through and I feel like there was so much wasted time. I hate it. I just wish everyone would listen and realize that this message will do nothing but help them. Because of all of the failed appointments we did a lot of work trying to find and reactivate less active members. Its going okay but it still is not the greatest either. I just don't know what I am doing wrong. I want so bad to share the message with someone. We only have one investigator right now and we weren't able to meet with him this week either. We have an appointment with him on Tuesday so pray for that to work out. I really need your prayers right now more than ever. I know I am still new and don't know the best way to do things but I want the area to be successful and I feel like its my fault that it's not.
But other than that, the weather was pretty nice this week. It is supposed to snow this week and we are hoping it doesn't until we have the car again. We get the bikes again til Friday. It is getting really windy which makes it seem so much colder than it really is. Also we have zone conference this week and the four of us Prineville elders are singing in it. I don't know why they asked us but we are so I will let you know how that goes. We are also getting a new car for some reason. Ours only has twenty two thousand miles on it and they usually don't sell them until like fifty of sixty. But that will be kinda cool. They have been buying Subuaru's lately so we might get one of those.
The ward thanksgiving party is this weekend also. On Saturday night and they are also doing a pie and cake auction for the young mens/womens budget. It should be fun and we are going to try and get a lot of less actives and nonmembers there.
So how's life back in good old Utah? Snow yet? I realized this week how long it takes to go through the mission office when you send a letter so just send them to the house now if you want. The address is 491 NE Brookstone Dr, Prineville Or, 97754. They will get here much quicker. Well I still have to write president sorry its not the longest email. Hopefully I will have more to write about this next week. Love you all.

Love,
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment